Friday, May 11, 2007

To B & J

Four years ago today it was Mother's Day. It was on that day that I was given the most important job I'll ever know. It was on that day that I became a mom.

I'd spent a good portion of the prior four months laying in bed, feeling your every move, getting to know your individual personalities, bonding with you although I hadn't officially met you.

It was hard lying in bed, restricted to showers every other day and having to go to the bathroom in a bedside commode but I endured. I endured the nurses poking and proding me at 6:00 a.m. , the numerous medications and the inability to leave the hospital for two months because I knew it was what needed to be done.
There was nothing more in the world I wanted than you and I'd have spent all eight months in bed if thats what was required to get your here safely.

And so on that Mother's Day in 2003 you let me know you were ready to make your appearance. It happened like a whirlwind and a few hours later I met you both. Your Dad and I cried when we saw your little faces. I knew my life would never be the same.

Every second, every minute , every hour I'm in your presence I become a better person. You make me think, you make me laugh, you make me smile, you make me overwhemingly happy. I love being your mom. There is no other responsibility I will treat with such importance.
So to the two little stars that brighten my every day, Happy 4th Birthday !

I love you forever and always!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful.

Brillig said...

Awww, so incredibly sweet! What a perfect way to spend Mother's Day! Wow. Happy Birthday, kiddos!!!

Butrfly Garden said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww.

That's absolutely AWESOME that the twins came on Mother's Day!

And....and?

MAY BABIES ROCK!