Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I'm Required to Tell You

That hubby actually took me out on a date. After , this post I felt you deserved an update (I know you were waiting with bated breath, right ?)

Actually, hubby is insistent that I tell you. He doesn't really read my blog but he certainly knows when I post about him. How you ask ? Because I tell him. Actually I read it to him.

So last night as I sat on the computer looking for homes, hubby walked by and asked "What are you doing, are you blogging ?" ( he is well aware of my newfound obsession with blogging/blog reading)

"As a matter of fact, Hubby, I'm not but I did post about TomGirl's new gig today" I said.

"What, you mean you didn't post about how I took you on a date Saturday?" he asked incredulously.

"Uhh, no Hubby, but I'll get right on that" I lied.

So as not to make a complete liar of myself I'm now honoring my statement to hubby and letting you know that hubby did come home Saturday after working an 8 hour day (he normally doesn't work weekends) and said "I'm taking you out". With no prompting from me, he stopped by my mom's house on the way home from work and arranged care for the kids and then cooked up this little plan to get lucky for us to have a nice night out .

So after beautifying a bit, we were on our way. I'd already fixed dinner for the kids and eaten so we skipped that part of the date. Instead, we went to a new pub/bar down the street from our house and just enjoyed a nice conversation over a glass of wine. That and hubby got in a few rounds of pool while I played cheerleader (he offered doubles but seeing as how I suck I declined).

So there you go. Hubby's no longer the "worst hubby in the state" he did take me on a date and I think its all because I blogged about it.

Hmm...this blogging thing is kind of magical isn't it. If you blog it...it shall happen (said a la Field of Dreams)

Ooooohhh , quick I better post about winning the lottery.

13 comments:

Sugar Kane said...

Sounds like a lovely night! And no work or planning on your part, bonus!!

Anonymous said...

WTG Hubby!! Your hubby sounds like a wonderful guy (except for the flatulence ;) )

Maybe I should try your...if you blog it - it will come!

Butrfly Garden said...

Ooh, ooh! Write about me winning, too! You can say I win the Northstar, then it won't interfere with your winnings at all. ;)

You are such a better wife than me. If TM had come home and said "Get ready, we're going out." I would have thrown a fit about NEEDING TIME and how I don't just WAKE UP looking good. He is a good, patient man but sometimes that's not enough. I'm just a PLANNER I have to have everything PLANNED. And I'm not big on surprises at all. I'm glad he took you out, though. Even arranging child care!!

Butrfly Garden said...

PS - TM doesn't read my blog, either...he said he doesn't want to read something and be mad at me for it. Or whatever. I read him parts that I want him to hear, too!

Anonymous said...

NICE!

Can you post about my kid finally going on the potty? And while you're at it...(I hate to be greedy) but can you post about my dog getting lost too.

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Good job, Hubs. Too funny that he insists you blog the good things, too. :)

Cherann said...

What a sweetie. I can't believe he did it on his own. If I wanna go on a date, I have to plan it myself.

joshua said...

Hey, so nice to have found this blog of yours, so interesting. I sure hope and wish that you take courage enough to pay me a visit in my PALAVROSSAVRVS REX!, and plus get some surprise. My blog is also so cool!

Amie Adams said...

If my husband came home and announced he was taking me out I think I'd pass out right there.

Way to go man!!! Shoot next thing you know you'll get flowers for no reason.

Here via Janet. Glad to find you.

Brillig said...

Hahaha. Hilarious. Well done, Hubby!

Whiskeymarie said...

I love it when the boys come through for us.
I also love married dates.

Now about that lottery thingy...

Stacey said...

Sugar- Amen, thats all I ask for is a date night I didn't have to plan!

Lene- Yes, if that err flatulence problem didn't exist I'd have me the perfect man :)

Butrfly- I will blog about you and Northstar. You don't like suprises...really ? Well I was a little tired and thought about refusing but I didn't tell him that for fear he'd never plan a date night for us again

Janet- Absolutely. I'll do my magical blogging for both your kid and your shitstain of a dog

Shauna - yeah...he wants everybody to marvel at how great he is now so that when I post about other not so great things he won't look like a total shmuck

Cherann- Yep normally I have to do the planning myself so thats why this was so blog worthy

Mamma - Welcome , hope to see you back frequently

Brillig- yes I was pleasantly suprised.

Whiskey - I'll absolutely include you in my magical lottery post

yerdoingitwrong said...

Right on hubby!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, girl.
I'm glad you did. I've found a new blog I enjoy. yay!

I might have to quit work soon so I can keep up on this addiction. =P