Friday, May 4, 2007

I Might be Helping to shape your Future, be very Afraid

I've already told you what a freak I am when it comes to doing focus groups.

Well, you can imagine my delight when I received an email entitled Get Ready! Your Homescan Membership Is About To Begin / Panelist #:123456

I got hooked up with Homescan (a division of ACNielsen) because of the many focus groups I've done and of course because I am such a stellar consumer I am uniquely qualified to shape the purchasing habits of households worldwide.

They'll send me a handheld scanner which I'll use to scan the purchases I make and then ultimately upload that data to the ACNielsen folks. My scanner should arrive in about 2 weeks and I'm totally geeked.
A) because I like electronic gadgets

and

B) because I get stuff, like freebies and all sorts of goodies for participating

Only I'm a little worried about the timing of this scanner and what I'll be shopping for at that time.

So, if the next time you go into a grocery store you see rows of Funyuns and chocolate you have me to thank. Take comfort in knowing that my ultra health conscious choices while in the throws of PMS helped shelve the stores of America.

No, no applause needed.

And with that I'm off to make margaritas for my workplace for our Cinco de Mayo potluck. Yeah you heard me, margaritas at work.

Oh, you can expect to see shelves and shelves of those too.

7 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

Mmmm...Funyuns.
Will you come to my work and make me a margarita?
I like mine extra tart & on the rocks, please.
;)

Anonymous said...

See, it's cuz you kept saying, "Now if I was in charge, things would be different!" Yes?

Sugar Kane said...

Blogging and margaritas at work. What a great day!

Brillig said...

Hahaha. Well, I will definitely remember to thank you when I see funyuns on the shelves. It's possible that they won't let you fill anything out next month at this time...

Stacey said...

Ok, so the margaritas didn't really have any liquor in them but I did make virgin ones for the par-tay and as luck would have it there's some mix left over in case I want to have a little nip tomorrow.

Brillig - yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head.

Butrfly Garden said...

Hmmm...I'm SO tempted not to ask this, because it's for that We have some stupid party-thing next week and they decided on "Mexican Fiesta" as the theme (Because we're cultural!). And the idea of virgin margaritas got brought up. That's funny that you are having them today! But we have to feed 800 people, so I think it's totally out of the question for us. But seriously? Like 400 calories a piece? And no side effects? I'll pass and eat another churro instead.

I really need to get me into your programs. I LOVE free stuff. And talking. And talking about my free stuff!

Butrfly Garden said...

Hmmm...not sure what that was supposed to say. haha..sorry. :) I'm tired.