One of my most favoritest blog peeps, JJ from Gaining Balance did this meme today and for once I actually chose to participate voluntarily rather than being tagged because it sounded mildly fun (translated: I'm busier than hell at work and didn't have time to post about anything else).
High School Spirit Meme
1. Who was your best friend?
Jenny H., she was a grade of ahead of me and was the epitome of punk rock and that was what I wanted to be.
2. Did you play any sports?
Uh, no. I was one of the "alternative" kids and playing sports would just not have been cool.
3. What kind of car did you drive?
Sadly I had no car in High School. I bummed rides from Jenny. In fact I learned how to drive stick shift in her car. I was teased relentlessly for driving her car into someones yard while attempting to learn.
4. It’s Friday night. Where were you?
Tracks. One of the coolest, largest club's in DC that sadly closed a few years ago. You only had to be 18 to get in (although they marked your hand with big X's so you couldn't drink - but we found ways around that) I used my older sister's information and got a fake ID saying I was 18.
5. Were you a party animal?
Without a doubt
6. Were you considered a flirt?
7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir?
8. Were you a nerd?
9. Were you ever suspended or expelled?
Yes, sophomore year I got suspended for 3 days for smoking on school grounds
10. Can you sing the fight song?
11. Who was your favorite teacher?
Senior year English teacher. She was sassy and fun and encouraged spirited discussion in class
12. What was your school mascot?
An Atom of all things...
13. Did you go to the Prom?
Yes although I was generally anti-high school I felt like I'd regret it if I didn't.
14. If you could go back, would you?
15. What do you remember most about graduation?
That I forgot to take my 1990 tassle off of my hat before throwing it. So much for that keepsake. That there really wasn't much to do in the way of partying that night because it was in the middle of the week.
16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day?
I'm supposed to remember that ?
17. Did you have a job your senior year?
Yes, although I don't really remember what it was. I think it was telephone customer service.
18. Where did you go most often for lunch?
Senior year a bunch of us grabbed our lunches and headed back to our AP English Class and had what we thought was "intellectual" conversation. Mostly we just sat around and gossiped. We jokingly called it the "Great Thinkers" Club.
19. Have you gained weight since then?
Sadly , yes
20. What did you do after graduation?
College...but partied too much and didn't graduate
21. What year did you graduate?
22. Who was your Senior Prom Date?
My gay best friend, Chip
23. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion?