Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Abuse me ? Oh it's nice to finally know what that sign on my forehead says

Two weeks ago on the train in to work I got socked in the face by the woman next to me.

She'd been a great neighbor up until that point in that she'd slept the whole way. Once we arrived at our stop she turned on me. She woke up confused and not paying attention to what she was doing while trying to untuck her arms from her shirt. Arm number one made contact with my cheek. There wasn't much power behind her punch and she apologized profusely but yes that was definitely a first for me.

Incident number two was on the bus last week, on the way to the train. I decided to sit in the front knowing that my stop was coming soon. A woman with an ass the size of a small country decided to sit next to me and promptly sat on half of me. Now normally I'd be completely empathetic, what with an ass the size of two ,large medium hams I get it. But this chick didn't even say sorry. She simply looked over at me as if to say "move the hell out of my way" and then proceeded to get out her book and read. I wanted to throw down I was so incensed by her rudeness. But I doubt I could have taken her.

This morning a woman fell on me as the train came to a sudden stop.

As if that wasn't enough, my co-worker is at it again. She's overwhelmed and is giving me the shittiest of her tasks to help out with.
I've asked what it is that is causing her to be so overwhelmed and still don't get it. Before she did her job, I did her job. Why she's not a fast working,multi tasking superstar like me I'll never know.
But I digress. Ahem, the point is that...
Well now that I think about it a bit more, the point is probably that it's karma. And I'm probably being paid back for some evilshitthatididbutcan'trememberanymore.

Uh yeah ...ceasing whining now.

9 comments:

HopSkipJump said...

Know I've been MIA and that this comment has nothing to do with your posting... but... in case you're interested, our travel blog is up and running while we're away. Peace - IF

www.ahopskipandajump.blogspot.com

Meg said...

And it's for those precise reasons that I avoid public transportation at all costs. Sure, I'd like to be able to do my part for the environment etc but seriously I feel like people are humping me or something. Not to mention the smells and sounds. Gross.

So you're a superstar at work too huh? I have no idea why my coworkers can't do the job as well as me. :)

Queen of the Mayhem said...

GOOD GRIEF! Did you tell that little black rain cloud to stop following you!

I hope your karma shifts....and soon!

Claire said...

You should tell your coworker what you're willing to help her with...maybe if you leave her with the crappy stuff, she'll realize that being "overwhelmed" isn't going to get her out of those tasks.

Lollie said...

Man - you've got people all up in your sh*t. I might suggest a good dose of garlic. Some may choose to keep their distance...?

Whiskeymarie said...

(shaking fist at the sky) Darn it all to heck, karma!

I think someone needs to come to your town and buy you a cocktail- stat.

Maureen said...

Ugh.... how rude! I would be exactly like you though... probably not say anything for fear of being squished further.

I hate public transit.

And it's not the "transit" part I detest.

Ann(ie) said...

My life changed drastically when I began the lovelyness of carpooling and swinging by Starbucks on the way. I had many years of sitting next to people that I wanted to smack. hard. Godspeed girlie.

Minnesota Girl said...

yech! hope this week is a better one for you!