Friday, June 22, 2007

Party with a Capital P

After the recent drama, this Vegas trip is coming at the ideal time.

Admittedly, I'm a little nervous. I've never been away from the twins longer than one night and even then they were mere miles away. I know I'll miss them tremendously.

But hubby is on the job and I have every confidence he'll be just fine as long as he adheres to the following:
1) DO NOT call my mom every day to watch the twins so that you can go to strip clubs

2)DO NOT take the twins to strip clubs because my mom wouldn't watch them and you couldn't find anyone else.

3) In an effort to try and obey numbers 1 & 2 above DO NOT invite strippers to the house

and finally

4)DO NOT let me come home to a messy house.

See I'm not a total hardass. I ask very little of my hubby.

Now all I need to do is make a "To Do" list for myself:

1)Go to Target, purchase uber cute summer dresses that can be paired with a light blazer for "business casual" wear during the daytime for this boring ass conference but double as club gear for all the partying I must do during the night time

2)Buy new earrings as favorite pair met their doom last Saturday during the Race For the Cure

3)Dig out cute strappy heels & summer sandals that my feet hate but look killer.

4)Pack all of the above items

5)Research hangover cures

6)Skim a few extra hundred from savings - It is Vegas after all...

7)Laugh at the fact that my company thinks they're helping to further my career by sending me to Vegas for this conference - If they only knew

Ok, good. Now that everything is in order. I think I'm ready.

I shall return Thursday as it would tear my little Worker Mommy heart in two to be away from you all, my bloggy buddies, for too terribly long.

Smooches.

19 comments:

Amie Adams said...

OOoh! Have a great time! Lots of good shopping too.

J. A. Blackburn said...

Have an awesome trip!!!

Sugar Kane said...

Sounds like you've got everything you need. Have a fantastic time!

Anonymous said...

So jealous. I should be going too! Hopefully you'll enjoy it - and if not, you can always skip out and enjoy Vegas!!

Whiskeymarie said...

Please do something inappropriate for me, toots.
Whoop it up like a rock star...

Butrfly Garden said...

THURSDAY!?...Thursday!?

Okay...well, at least have a lot of fun.

I'm sure your man can handle it. You'll be okay, too. ;) I love that you covered ALL your bases on the strippers. Ahh, I'm just stalling now. Okay, go...have fun. Lots and lots of it.

Sarahviz said...

Hangover cure: 2 bottles of water and 4 Advil before bed. Works (almost) every time.

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. (At least until you get back and write about it so all your blog buddies can live vicariously through you...)

~Jennifer said...

I'm not sure which makes me more jealous, the fact that you're going to Vegas or the fact that you have savings from which to skim. ;-)

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to pack plenty of clean underpanties!! Those were not on your list

Lollie said...

How did your earrings meet their demise? Did someone Race For the Cure right over your head?

Heather said...

Oh I'm jealous!

Have a great time!

Cherann said...

Hope you're having fun!

Anonymous said...

ooooooooooooooooooooh. I want to be there with you!!!! Hope you're having a blast!
xo
Ann (aka: yerdoingitwrong)

Queen of the Mayhem said...

Party like a rock star...my friend! Then come back and tell us ALL about it!

Brillig said...

Woohoo!!! Have SUCH a great time. I'm excited for you, but i'm not sure what I'll do without you while you're gone.

cathouse teri said...

I love those daddy rules. :)

Queen of the Mayhem said...

When you are done partying like a rock star....stop by and see the rockin' girl award for which I nominated you! WOO HOO!

Anonymous said...

yeah, baby!

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Vegas rules!
Hope you hit the cha-ching! jackpot!