Wednesday, October 17, 2007

When life imitates Art

As I sat and watched Indecent Proposal the other day I wondered why life isn't more like the movies. No, it's not so much the whole million dollars for adulterous sex with a billionaire scenario (although I must admit it is a bit tempting, Robert Redford in his day was very humpable...and something about loads of cash generally makes a man hotter but no that's not what I meant).
I'm talking about one scene in particular. I found myself enthralled by a scene in which the wife frustratedly runs around the house picking up clothes that her husband has lazily left on the floor. After launching a few of the items at her oblivious hubby she reaches her breaking point and swats him. They have a brief scuffle (her lashing out /him ducking for cover and trying to stop her), laugh and then begin tearing at each others clothes falling to the floor unable to get enough of one another.

It occured to me at that moment that it might be cool if real life played out that way.
Hell, I want to get all hot and bothered by hubby's inability to pick up his work uniforms. But really, all I get is annoyed.
I want to go all weak in the knees when he leaves dishes in the sink. But that only seems to piss me off.
Dammit I want to feel like dropping my drawers when hubby fails to put the toilet seat down. Aaah, that would be the life. Horniness brought on by my husbands inability to perform routine household chores.

Hmmm...on second thought maybe not.

Sure Indecent Proposal was a good movie and yeah that scene was kind of hot but there is a reason life doesn't imitate art.

If life were really like that I don't think I'd ever get off my back.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!

cathouse teri said...

Oh even better when Mr and Mrs Smith beat the holy crap out of each other and then got all turned on by it!

Are you serious? :)

Butrfly Garden said...

HAHAHAHAH!! I LOVE YOU, (Wo)man!

Okay, firt: Humpable - not sure I've ever heard that word before but it makes me laugh.

And...yeah. I've never even understood "make-up sex." Usually when TM and I fight, I end up a snotty, crying mess. Who would want to have sex with that??

As for the picking up stuff...I'd be right there with ya. Well, not right there, that would be weird...but I'd be in your situation.

Butrfly Garden said...

*first:

not "firt." I've been really bad with the typos lately. Like at Brilly's place where I called her "Brillant" that just shows what a "Genious" I am (a common typo for me).

Biddy said...

*snort*

i think a fight has to ensue before the hot and horny action starts...

yeah, that's why it's called make up sex haha

Claire said...

Hysterical. And it also made me realize that "Indecent Proposal" is actually now a pretty old movie. Doesn't $1,000,000 now seem a little low in terms of creating the central conflict of such a movie? It's like Dr. Evil, needing to be reminded in the 2nd Austin Powers movie that he now requires one BILLION dollars (mwah ha ha!) not to destroy the world. Recast that movie today...I would put maybe Scarlett or Beyonce in the Demi Moore role, with Jake Gyllenhaal in the Woody Harrelson role and George Clooney as the BILLIONAIRE (not millionaire) who would be offering at least $50 million for the night with Scarlett or Beyonce.

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Oh, there would be lots to be hot and bothered about around these parts! I, too, would never get out of bed!

Jenn said...

Hehehe, you said...humpable!!

Ally said...

This was hilarious!

And I love the word humpable.

Nora said...

Awesome! Wouldn't it be great? Or the pottery scene from Ghost? My life will never be like that. :-)

Virtualsprite said...

That is awesome! And I'm with Butrfly. I turn into a wild, screaming banshee (much like my Irish ancestors...) that alternates between screaming and plotting serious revenge. So not humpable (to turn a phrase.)

And yeah... $1 million doesn't go that far anymore. Sad, really.

Anonymous said...

I love this post!

Picking up after hubby definitely does not make me hot. Hubby picking up after himself does!

Jennifer said...

Funny post! Come on, admit it, every time he farts you want to jump his bones. ;-)

Whiskeymarie said...

"If life were really like that I don't think I'd ever get off my back."
This is why I love you.

That, and you used the word "hump"

Lollie said...

I haven't even read this post yet, but I'm quickly visiting from the other WM....I knew I liked you for some other reason that your great writing. SKINNY PUPPY! Total fan over here - SO jealous you saw them live.

That is all.

Maureen said...

HA! Exactly what I was thinking while reading your post... if that were the case, hubby would be dropping even more things on the floor (if that were even possible). Yeah, that movie MUST have been written by a man...

Candace said...

too funny! I always thought my husband would be happy for me if I slept with RR AND got a million bucks... Everybody wins in that situation, right?
That was really funny. All I can think of now is that I have to go put hubbys shoes in the closet but I don't want to get all "riled up"....!

Alex Elliot said...

That was a fabulous post! It should be written up in a pamphlet for marriage counseling.

Anonymous said...

yeah teri! I thought of that mr and mrs smith thing too...ditto on the humpable word, that is a rockin word...also good to read a post down that you enjoyed your meeting with the bloggers.

Anonymous said...

you are on to something here. when my husband annoys me, i just feel like killing him.

Cherann said...

If life were like that, you'd certainly have more than two kids!

Disa said...

wow, if he was an obsessive-compulsive that would seriously SUCK!