Tuesday, October 2, 2007

It came out of nowhere and took over my body

I just want to curl up in bed with my warmest flannel pajamas, a cup of hot tea,shut off the thinking part of my brain and fill it with the overly dramatic and sappy programming of the lifetime movie network.
Yours truly is s-i-c-k. Scratchy throated, watery eyed,prone to frequent sneezing fits , head cloudy kind of sick. Oh woe, is me (cue violins).
Really, over the past several years I've been patting myself on the back because my "moms immunity" has allowed me to spit in the face of any illness that has tried to penetrate my supermom shield. Over the past four years I've been slobbered on, vomitted on,used as a human kleenex and managed to come out on top. But as it gets harder and harder to fight this death warmed over feeling I'm thinking I may need to succumb to this one.
Yes,this time I'm actually going to let myself be sick. I'm going to lie in bed while hubby fetches me whatever it is I need and simultaneously cares for the twins.
Besides, the Mr. owes me. He's the one that whined like a baby was sick last week and me being the loving,wonderful spouse that I am catered to his every need.
So I deserve it right? Hell, I may just decide to be sick for the next few weeks...
It might be the only way I'll catch a break.
And with that I shall commence my moaning and really settle in to this sickness mode.
Now if only my kids hadn't made parachutes and doll blankets out of the last box of kleenex...

21 comments:

Fourier Analyst said...

See, that's what you get for enjoying a Monday! You should know better, it goes against the laws of Nature!

Hope you feel better soon!

Ally said...

Poor you. Hope you feel better soon. And good for you for staying in bed and allowing yourself to be sick. It's so twisted that that's a luxury these days!

Anonymous said...

Feel better...soon!

Butrfly Garden said...

I love how you titled it to sound like it was some alien disease. :)

I sure hope you feel better...you know, when you want to!

Anonymous said...

oh, no, i was just telling my husband how i felt a scratch in my throat and he said his was hurting, too! i hope we don't go down with you! no offense...feel better!

Candace said...

always good to listen to your body!!
especially if it's telling you to REST! (or eat chocolate....)

Anonymous said...

Being sick is so awful! I always forget just how awful it is until I get hit with something.

Get some rest and try to enjoy the down time.

Susie PSU said...

Send him out to Blockbuster to get you some good girly movies, too! Read all you want to, sleep when you want to. Live.it.up.
Who knows when you'll get to be sick again!?

Claire said...

Feel better soon, but not too soon!

Lollie said...

Ooh, sorry pal, I'm just getting over the worst cold ever. Hope I didn't give it to you. Cold virus via blog...would that be a clog?

Maureen said...

Awww, hope you're feeling better (but don't let on to hubby too soon if you do) and enjoy some down time on the couch blogging...

LOL at the kleenex comment. With me, it's finding a tissue around that a cat hasn't chewed on.

Take care,

Unknown said...

In honor of the Great Mofo Delurk- I am officially delurking to say that I really enjoy your blog! Feel better soon! we were all sick here a couple of weeks ago, no fun. :/

Bananas said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. Being sick is the WORST! And being sick AND a mom? Totally sucks.

Domestically Disabled Girl said...

good luck with that, we moms never really get a break, even when we are sick.

i hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

milk it girl...milk it for everything it's worth!

Brillig said...

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry! I hope you get much rest and recuperation, and that the Lifetime network airs plenty of silly and sappy stuff for you. :-)

~Jennifer said...

Aw, I hope you feel better by now. I can sympathize, I came home from a lovely vacation to my beautiful, yet snotty, children and caught the same cold that everyone seems to have right now.

Cherann said...

Maybe you're sick because you're not eating your way to a better orgasm...

Hope you get better soon!

Anonymous said...

I2eV55 Your blog is great. Articles is interesting!

Anonymous said...

NiSsWz Nice Article.

Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.