Monday, October 15, 2007

As if I wasn't obsessed enough with Blogging

I had to go and meet bloggers in real life. Sure I was nervous and sure I was late,I mean c'mon my kids had to figure out some way to make the hot chocolate when mommy couldn't be bothered because she was too busy trying to prepare herself for some serious scrutinzation by the Seattle MB Posse. So since Mommy couldn't be bothered, they decided they'd make it themselves, with tap water, in the bathroom sink. After cleaning up the mess, I headed out to the Method House about 30 minutes away. I was both excited and nervous as I walked up the walkway in my stiletto boots (uh picture stylish, not whorish). Just as I was about to knock, the door opened and I was greeted with "You must be Worker Mommy".
I can't tell you how funny it is to be addressed in real life by the moniker Worker Mommy. I quickly told her my first name and extended a hand.
And then she said it. She said I had to take off my boots. You see the house is one of five newly built, "green" homes and my boots were not safe on the bamboo floors. Dammit I thought I should have washed my feet. Ok, not really, of course I showered before going, but I did wish I would have sprung for that winter pedicure and now I was sans my security shoes (is it wrong that I'm attached to shoes that make me much taller than my lowly 5' 1'). I kind of wanted to turn around and run for the hills but then Jenny walked toward me. "I know you" she said greeting me enthusiastically with a big old hug. I'm a hugging kind of gal so I appreciated that and she is just incredible.
Long story short, I can't wait to hang with all of these women again( sorry for not giving more linky love...I'm just lazy like that, but know that I enjoyed you all). And don't even get me started on Mrs. Flinger. She is so freakin' funny I can't stand it. She actually made one blogger snort. And I love that with very little prodding from me, even after the Method folks started cleaning up the cocktails from the cocktail demo asked "how could we score another Mojito ?" I think it was at that moment I fell in love with her, well that and when she ever so gracefully and drukenly broke a glass. Hell I was just glad it wasn't me. Because any other time it probably would have been. Hey, you know it's not really a party untill somebody breaks something.
I wished I'd had more time to talk to more of these women. They were warm,funny, smart,easygoing and I felt like I'd known them for years.
At times, the noise level in that house was so deafening you would have thought there were hundreds of women rather than the 20 or so that were actually there. The conversation just flowed, there were plenty of to die for appetizers (it was all I could do not to inhale the whole spread), heavenly cocktails and most importantly schwag. We each left with a t-shirt (after divulging our "dirty secrets"...yes I confessed that there were a couple science experiments in my refrigerator) and cleaning products- which believe it or not actually made me excited to clean the next day (which I can say without a doubt is a first).
All in all, I'd say it was wildly succesful and really I'm just happy I didn't drink too much and start revealing my newfound affection for these woman by crying loudly to each and every one "I love you (wo)man".
Uh, not that that has ever happened before or anything.

19 comments:

Butrfly Garden said...

Glad you had a good time. Looks like your fellow Seattalites have kept the secret of your identity. For now. Mwah-ha-ha.

(Just kidding, I just never get to be a villian.)

Sounds like a blast. I want one!!

LindaJ said...

Had a great time meeting you... So bummed about my boots.We will have to wear our boots to the next gig or get pedi's..

carrie said...

You were totally cute, and I loved that the three of us felt the same about our boots (see above) - that's why we wore them in the first place!

Can't wait to see you again and talk more . . .

Bananas said...

I was TOTALLY annoyed by having to take my boots off. I mean, HELLO, they're totally part of the outfit. But I'm so glad I got to stay and meet you in your absolute excellence... we must hook up again!! soon!!
Oh, and I think it's only fair that your readers should know you're totally a hotty. Sorry to reveal your secret.

Jennifer said...

Yay! Another short person like me!

I think I should relocate to Seattle!

Kathryn Thompson said...

The boot thing was a travesty and I will make it a top priority to ensure that boots are never again excluded at a SMB event.

Even without the boots, you looked great and I'm really glad we got to meet. I hope we get more time to chat at the next get-together.

Whiskeymarie said...

Tell the Method people that I want a party here in MN.
Yes, I'm jealous- but glad you had fun.
;)

Heather said...

Again, I am very jealous.

Sounds like such fun!

Anonymous said...

Great to hear you enjoyed yourself.

Maureen said...

Lucky you. Makes me wish I lived in Seattle too...

Mrs. Flinger said...

You are just a riot, woman! I'm so glad I got to meet you. And I wish I hadn't been all awkward "do I hug? Not hug?" until I was drunk. Hellz. Next time the hugs will be flying like madness. (Or, rather, like my glass.)

Totally fun and we'll do it again soon. Like SOON.

P.S. Jennifer Binky Bitch better damn move here!

Fourier Analyst said...

You gals had entirely too much fun1 And without boots! For sure this did not take place in Texas!! Glad you had a good time, but am still jealous.

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. I hope to meet you one day!

Cherann said...

How fun! I'm a lowly 5'2 but living in Cali-- i keep it simple in flip flops.

I wish I could meet other So Cal bloggers. How did you guys organize this?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.