Monday, March 2, 2009

What a week

So much has been going on. Really I swear. But it's just not riveting stuff. At.all.
I get exhausted just trying to relay it to you. So there it sits in draft, until I can decide if it's really postworthy.

Do you really want to hear about how it took everything in my power not to kick a 10 year old boy's teeth down his throat for teasing my 5 year old daughter on the bus (in addition to teasing her about being a kindergartener her called her an asshole).

Or about how my BFF's new man isn't all he initially seemed to be. Initially ,he seemed wonderful. Now something is a little off. I can't quite put my finger on it and while I still like him, I can't help but wonder if this thing is going to last. And that sucks that I can't like him as much as my BFF wants me to.

Then there's the fact that I fell off the wagon. What can I say? I was stressed and those bake-in-the pan peanut butter chocolate chunk bars that I found at the Grocery Outlet for only $0.89 got me more than a little giddy.

I've also been considering telling you about how TomGirl turns 16 next week and how I decided it would be fun to take her to an all ages nightclub. And how I'm now regretting that promise. A friday night with a bunch of 16 year olds who will surely have snuck some shots before entering the club is sure to send me right to straightjacketed, knees pulled to chest,rocking in a corner babbling and drooling kind of insanity.

And then I could also tell you how I'm totally and completely burnt out at work (but trying to just be happy about the fact that I have a job)

So yeah, that's what I haven't been posting about.

But enough about me. What about you ? Anybody do anything I just gotta know about? Do tell...especially if it's scandalous.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

um no nothing like that

Claire said...

I'm SO looking forward to the post about your night at the all-ages club.

ML said...

another snow day, toddler broke my camera & we can't fly to Cozumel on Tuesday or Wednesday - has to be Thursday, which leaves only 2-1/2 days for the vacation that's supposed to make up for not going to Hawaii in April.

Debbie said...

They really sneak shots? I am amazed.

mo.stoneskin said...

I could arrange for that kid's teeth to be kicked out if you like?

Stacey said...

Arrange on, Mo...arrange on ;)

Unknown said...

Little bullying bastards! I can't tell you how many times I have wanted to storm my kids' school and shake the sh!t out of those little punks that give my boy a hard time!
If you go through with the nightclub thing, I have got to hear all about it!

Unknown said...

Hmm, what scandalous? Uh, I wrote about my vagina on the internet. That's honestly about it. I'm not a very scandalous person.

Cid said...

I held my tongue when my BFF told me about her latest man she had meet online. This one was different, she said. He sounded exactly the same as all the rest to me. Not-yet-divorced, first time on the dating scene, too good to be true. He was but at least I don't have to say "I told you so" because I didn't.

re said...

ooooh, i totally understand about the teeth kicking thing. i have very nasty thoughts about a kid who constantly gives my child a hard time,only they are more frenemies than anything else but the best part is that he is MY bff's kid. it's just as awesome as you think it is.