Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Lady feels like a ...dude

Ok, so that was my lame attempt at a play on words with the Aerosmith song "Dude looks like a Lady" . Whaddya want, I really couldn't think of another way to express the fact that I, WM, wife and mother, am a total dude.

Ok sure I like shopping, make-up and some other very un-dude like things but there is this part of me that screams: I am man hear me roar!

Why if you'd have been in my car yesterday after work you'd have heard me listening to my favorite afternoon radio show:The Men's Room .

I really dig football and if the 'Hawks are doing well I'm swilling' beer and cheering louder than any man.

I like Monster Trucks. There I said it.Gasp if you must but something about those huge wheels crushing steel and destroying everything in their wake makes me pound my chest in excitement

I cuss like a sailor and like sex jokes. The dirtier the better (although this probably doesn't make me so much of a dude as it does just a very inappropriate female,ahem)

But, the number one reason I am a total dude:

I take reading material into the latrine.

...and yes, I know I'm awesome. Thanks.

11 comments:

Cid said...

I'm with ya, dude. Can't go without some good reading material.

mo.stoneskin said...

So what your saying is that your idea of Heaven is sitting on the loo in the back of a cruising Monster truck, flicking through prime toilet reading material, The Men's Room blaring in the background, knocking back some cold ones and telling sex jokes to the people you pass?





Or did I get that all wrong?

Stacey said...

I don't know about Heaven...but a damn fine day, for sure ;)

Kristin.... said...

I love to read in the bathroom. It's QUIET in there! You know, if I can get in without the twins following me saying "watch you mama?!"

Unknown said...

I also take reading material into the bathroom. If my bathroom werent' so frickin' small, it would have its own bookshelf.

Anonymous said...

You're not the only woman who likes monster trucks. :)

Debbie said...

You are too funny to be a dude. I've never known one with this good a sense of humor!

Ellen aka Ellie said...

First time by your blog and I totally got your Aerosmith joke.

Now, is this a good thing or a bad thing?

ellie from IL

Marylyn said...

Stacy, you really need to go out with us for one of our happy hours! HA It's been like at least a year since our path's have corssed. Pluuueeasee, don't fret on your dude-ness... I live in Puma sneakers and a hat - at all times that I can get away with it! Also, umm... GO HAWKS with TJ! That's right - TJ was an OSU player, hence the #18!!

Jerseygirl89 said...

I think people who don't bring reading material are boring. Or maybe can't read.

Not Afraid to Use It said...

Actually, I thought all these things made you a chick. LOL