Friday, March 6, 2009

Shred it and Forget it

Early last year, in my constant quest to shed the lbs that have nagged me over the last few years I found a partner with similar goals and arranged to meet her at a local gym for workouts a few evenings a week.

I was proud of me, thinking I'd made that first important step to reaching my goals. Until that first night when she called and cancelled.

"No problem," I'd told her trying to hide my disappointment "we'll just meet up tomorrow"

But then tomorrow came and it was me that cancelled. After really thinking about the committment I'd made, I realized I didn't want to go to a gym 3-4 times a week.
It wasn't that I didn't want to work on me. I was still determined to rediscover the me of old, the healthier me.

It was about my children. Being away from them for 8 hours each day while at work, I miss them terribly. It didn't make sense to leave for another 2 hours. No matter what the reason.

So there I was, feeling bad about having dogged out a woman desperately trying to help herself, but knowing I made the right decision for me. And, I still hadn't figured out how to incorporate working out into my life.

That was until I found Ms. Jillian Michaels.

I stumbled upon her 30 day shred while shuffling through Exercise TV and instanly fell in heavy like.

Sure it was painful, and sure midway in I cussed out everything from twinkies to fitness gurus but sweating like a pig at the end of 20 minutes I was done.

And truth be told I felt really,really good. And better still it had only been 20 minutes and I'd never left my home or my kids. In fact , sometimes they'd work out right beside me.

But then right around the holiday season, Jillian and I had a parting of ways.

It wasn't her . It was me.

And I've missed her desperately. As have my jiggly belly and arse.

So we made our way back in to her amazingly chiseled arms.

And here we are, banding together with other "shredheads" to shred it and forget it. I can't tell you how happy I am to have found other gluttons for punishment Jillian devotees.

Starting Monday I'm on the journey to become a leaner, meaner, once again hawt-ass me (read: I want to lose enough lbs to fit back in to my size 6 clothes. Truthfully it's not about a number on a scale, but where I look and feel most comfortable)

Holy hell what have i gotten myself into...

(Ahem)I mean wish me luck

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're coming along for the ride. Maybe then you can keep my ass in gear. LOL

xox

Virtualsprite said...

I keep hearing about shred, and it's all good. Painful, but good.

I'm still trying the gym thing, but it's so easy not to go. Let me know if this is better.

Ann(ie) said...

Jillian is a butt-kicker. There's no one better to whip you into shape...except hot bob of course. ;) And I know what you mean about working full time and then having evening plans or errands....it's hard not to see your kiddos. Good job finding a happy medium, girlie!!

Whiskeymarie said...

I had a similar falling-out with the P90X workouts (also hawked on the teevee). My problem with them is that they all take AT LEAST an hour to do, so maybe I'll give this shred thing a try. Not today (hopefully going for a long walk if it doesn't SNOW), but soon.

If you suffer, I suffer. If you shred, I shred. Lord knows I can't ruin our "slammin hot beyotches duo" thing when we get together again, toots.

Anonymous said...

i just bought this dvd last week and haven't had the guts to do it yet. i also have a quest to get back to my size 6 clothes, so i better get my ass in gear! (literally)