Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Things that are making my week

In bullet points for your viewing pleasure:

  • Seeing the ultra-conservative CEO of our parent company try and dance at a staff block party celebrating construction of a new wing. If only I'd had a mini video camera I could have shared his super spaz-ticity with you. Picture a "suit" walking over hot coals with ants in his pants. It looked something like that. And I experienced pure joy when he turned three shades of red as he danced. Because I knew he was highly embarassed at his lack of skills and probably forced in to shaming himself by his staff who I'm sure were trying to make him appear less stuffy . Yep watching him squirm was fun. Literally and figuratively.

  • my son's comment after his grandma tried to clean his nose and came across a particular little stubborn boog she couldn't get. "I don't know Grandma, maybe it's backed up to my brain"

  • my son at the dentist last night, thinking up every excuse he could not to have to get in to the chair "If you make me do this, I swear I'm going to cuss, dammit". Proof he is my child

  • and this. I freakin love this commercial...

  • 9 comments:

    Virtualsprite said...

    I love it when the "suits" try to get down. Very funny.

    I love that commercial, too. I always do a quick spot check before I go anywhere because I'm notorious for spilling my drinks all over myself. My kids think it's awesome... me, not so much.

    Anonymous said...

    Your son at the dentist - too funny. I love that commercial too. I am soooo glad my stains can't talk for me.

    Unknown said...

    I love that commercial!!! Holy crap that gets me every time.

    And your son at the dentist...sounds like my nephew (who is also 5). "I swear I'll swear, dammit" hahaha

    Mike said...

    A booger backed up to his brain? That is the kind of hilarious, creative stuff only kids say. Love it!

    Lollie said...

    Hmm, I am reminded of Elaine Benis from Seinfeld...

    MommyLisa said...

    DID YOU KNOW you used to be able to make your OWN spot talk?

    http://mommysnest.blogspot.com/2008/02/i-crack-myself-up.html

    LURVE that commercial WM!

    Ann(ie) said...

    haaaaaaa....the story of the suit dancing reminded me of lmao when the Donald was dancing in a chicken suit on SNL. HAAAAAAA! Oh damn it was funny.

    And I love that commercial, TOO!!!

    Whiskeymarie said...

    I love seeing coworkers/my superiors/stuffy folks trying to "cut loose".
    My favorite was when I had to socialize with a curmudgeonly coworker who got reallllyyy schnockered at a work function.

    He still can't look me in the eye when we talk. HA!

    sam {temptingmama} said...

    I can't watch that commercial without being close to tears at the end. I get giddy every time it comes on.

    My Gah, that is the funniest thing on TV. Thanks for posting it!