Thursday, December 6, 2007

Oh, if only the boy in clogs would quit touching me

First off, no boy nor man should ever wear clogs. Ever. I don't care if he has the worst foot pain ever. And believe me I know about foot pain.

Yesterday Clog Boy (who is really a grown man in his 20's but the name stuck as soon as I spied those things on his feet) did it again. In the elevator. He and a fellow co-worker were in there as I stepped on. We all shared a laugh about something silly and as I exited the elevator he did it. A brief touch on my back. This was the second time.

I don't honestly believe Clog Boy's pats on the back are intentionally done to be skeevy. I just think he thinks we're on friendlier terms then we are and in his mind it's just a good natured, "take it easy" kind of touch.

But right, hi, HR personnel here. You might want to re-think the touching of the folks that are charged with maintaining a workplace free of harassment.

I chalk it up to his complete and utter dumb assedness.

Seriously what else could it be... obviously if the boy wears clogs then his judgment is clouded anyway.

Now, to those I owe memes I shall get to them soon (or not) just don't rush me. I beg of you, please because this fending off of clog wearing beasts is hard work,yo.

Until next time

Smoochie Smooches

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cringe when I see a man wearing clogs. I cry when I see them wearing crocs. But a clog wearing toucher - I'm cringing and crying with you.

Ann(ie) said...

ew. clogs on a man. ew. I can see it in Seattle. And I'm with you on the touching...I'm a 'um, this is my personal space' kinda gal!

Sugar Kane said...

"Obviously if the boy wear clogs then his judgment is clouded anyway"

You nailed it right there.

Great title, but the way. I was laughing before I even read the post.

you da mom! said...

ew. and ew. yes, clogs are the grossest on men. grosser than crocs. and no touchie, too. that's just gives me the heebes.

samokdaddy said...

Just a question. What should a guy's guy wear???...you know...a real man among men. Are we talking cowboy boots...work boots...loafers...sneakers...what should I wear? I'm tossin' my damn clogs now. This is pissing me off... I feel my testosterone ebbing each time I slip them on.
See I have to wear clogs because I have bone spurs on my heels. When I wear regular shoes I go through a pair of socks in about two weeks, which sucks. I really don't like being a nancy boy, but economically speaking, clogs, sandals, or flip flops are all i can wear if I don't want to blow craploads of money of socks. I live in Minneapolis...so I need to keep my feet warm too...My feet suck!!! Any suggestions...

Ann(ie) said...

Samokdaddy that does suck. =( While I don't dig guys in clogs, I personally find them kind of hot in flip flops. But, that doesn't help you in November and December now does it? hrmmmph. Maybe some heavy duty massive manly man socks?

Alex Elliot said...

I don't think I've seen a man wearing clogs before. It I do, I'll know to keep my distance!

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Suze said my piece well...

Unknown said...

lol...sorry clog boy is touchy feely.

Stacey said...

Samokdaddy - I feel your pain because I've got foot problems too...but please no clogs. Sneaker,sneakers and more sneakers for those cold weather months and yeah agreeing with Annie that flip flops on a man are kinda of hawt...if all else fails we can take up a collection for you for socks ;)

MommasWorld said...

Next time explain to him the issues of harrasment and add something about the next time it happens...knocking him right out of his sister's shoes (clogs).

:-)

Have a Fantastic Day!

Claire said...

Crocs on men is a trend that's run unfortunately rampant in my neighborhood. Ridiculous.

Life As I Know It said...

Creepy.

No other words.

Just. Creepy.

MYM said...

LOL - too funny. I don't think I've ever seen a man wear clogs. I didn't even know they were in style for women anymore...but I am out of touch when it comes to fashion.

Cherann said...

Were they clogs or Croc clogs? I love wearing my simple clogs. I hate crocs though.

Butrfly Garden said...

Wow. That does take some (Very Stupid) balls to touch an HR person!! I know this and I didn't pass the sexual harassment "quiz" at our meeting!