Monday, July 20, 2009

They're lucky I even have pants on

I wish the stars would align, or the universe would turn inside out or whatever needs to happen to make me a morning person.

I hate that I'm this evil grumpy hag for the first 15 minutes of my day every weekday morning I'm woken up by that demon called the alarm clock.

As I stand in front of my mirror trying to care that I'm supposed to look half decent, all I can think about is how much I hate this process. So I kind of half-ass it and get dressed in the closest thing to casual I can and somehow even though I'm half-assing it I always manage to get behind schedule. Don't tell anybody...but it might be because I've fallen back asleep in my closet. Or on some mornings where I'm really hating it I may have fallen asleep on the terlit. But that's just between you and me.

Ahem.

All this makes me think, I really want my in-laws to adopt me. Sure I'm their "daughter-in-law", but I want to be their actual kid. And live with them permanently and live the life I lived last week. One of a spoiled pampered princess.

I woke up when I wanted to , to coffee, tea and a breakfast of champions (and I'm not talking Wheaties, folks, I'm talking the fluffiest, flavorful perfect sized pancakes, sausages, bacon, milk , oj, you name it it was there). Then if I wanted to I could take a dip in their pool, or if the mood struck me I chilled in the hot tub. Then after lazing around, chatting up other fam, lunch and dinner (can you say the yummiest brisket ever) were made for me.

Then there were the days at the lake resort where I drove a jet ski for the first time (I've only ever been a passenger before - Nevermind that I came close to hitting a boat...) Swam, ate, drank, played games, took walks, jumped in the lake, relaxed, laughed, rinsed and repeated.

Gah, a girl could really get used to that.

So I'm back...at work. And I'm tired and whiny and maybe a little eviler than normal because man...vacay was good.

But give me a few minutes. I'll get back in to this blog thing. Cuz truth be told I might have missed you guys.

But only a little...

*****************
Going on vacay ? Want a great way to keep your kiddos entertained? Get thee to my review blog and Enter to win Chicco's latest awesome toy

5 comments:

Shana Baehr said...

Wow! Now that's a vacation!
I am glad you are back.

Whiskeymarie said...

Yeah, you're lucky that you didn't decide to spend your vacay at my house. I'm hospitable and all, but fixing breakfast? Every day? A hot tub that doesn't consist of my bathtub and some pop rocks?
Yeah...not so much.

Linda @ My Trendy Tykes said...

Ok, I want your inlaws too. FLUFFY pancakes? Are you kidding me?

zenmama said...

my boyfriend's family is like this whenever we stay with them at their lake house or have dinner in their home. it sounded like you were talking about them :D

VirtualSprite said...

That sounds absolutely wonderful!

I'm not a morning person, either. The publisher came into my office once at 9 a.m. and I actually snarled at him. Probably not the best career move of my life...