Monday, November 14, 2011

Top 10 Reasons I shouldn't be allowed out of the house before sunrise

One would think that having been in bootcamp for a little over a year now I'd have this thing down pat. I leave the house wearing my workout clothes with bag packed chock full of all the items I need to shower and get ready at work.

Pack the night before. What's that scouting motto ? Always be prepared. Or whatever. It's easy enough right ?

But it's not. For me.

9 times out of 10 10 times out of 10 I am beyond tired and it's all I can do in the evening to cook dinner, review homework, wash my workout clothes from the day before, walk the dog, pick out clothes for my kids for the next day and blah blah blah... you get it. There is just so much to do. And it makes me think "Hey I need one less thing to do". I can pack in the morning!

So I do it. And it ultimately causes one (or more) of the items on my top 10 list to occur

10) It's way too early for your thoughts to be anything resembling coherent so you will inevitably forget to pack underwear. And one day when this happens you will have packed a dress to wear (True story)

9) You will forget your towel and figure out how annoyingly challenging it is to dry off with paper towels (also a true story.In fact this happened today)

7) The rooster's aren't even up, you will forget your bra. And the shirt you're wearing doesn't work with the braless look. This will later become the day you learned how to fashion a bra from scotch tape (Also true. last Friday)

6)

Well I don't really have a six through one. But c'mon after number 7 do I really need one ?
And that my friends, is why I shouldn't be allowed out of the house before sunrise.

4 comments:

Elisa @ Crazy, Amazing Life said...

Oh, I hear you about the night before! I think it's already admirable that you manage to get up early to make it to ootcamp in the first place!

Besides, it looks like you learned some improvising skills as well (bra out of scotch tape? if that's not girl scout material I don't know what is!), so it wasn't a total loss ;-)

odat_kim said...

Did you notice that you also missed #8 in your post, or was that intentional :)
Kim

Stacey said...

@odat kim. Totally didn't. Ha! That's funny. Also oops.

research writing services said...

I must show this Top 10 Reasons for my wife, it will be funny!