Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I got your Six Cents *@# !!

So let me give you a glimpse in to my weeknights:

After work, drive to family member/care provider's house about 30 minutes outside the city in which I work to pick up the twins.

Spend several minutes at family members house politely conversing and trying to wrangle the twins in to their coats and get them ready to leave.

Struggle to get the twins buckled in to their carseats because inevitably they see some toy they must have on the floor which just has to be picked up before they will sit down and allow themselves to be buckled in.

I know , I know I just need to clean up my damn car.
But ... and there is always a but , I'm just too exhausted when I get home! And really cleaning out the car sucks so I simply wait for a day when my hubby takes the car and gets disgusted and brings it home to me sparkling clean.


Anyhoo, on to the matter at hand.

After another hour of commuting , finally reach home some time after 6 p.m.

No time to change because dinner must be prepared (I'm all about what I can pull out of the freezer and throw in the oven quickly) and the twins must help cook.
Not wanting to discourage their creative side I find a job for them which ultimately results in more work for me.

About a half hour to 45 minutes later we sit down to eat. Hubby usually arrives home from work fixes his plate and sits down with us.

We eat quickly, spend family time, get jammies for twins, brush teeth, read story and get the twins tucked in to bed by 8.

Blah , Blah , Blah laundry, blah , blah , blah kids clothes ready for next day.... You get the point.

So last night, after the twins were finally asleep and I was sufficiently exhausted I began to open the mail. I get to the end of my stack o' junk and bills and my mouth drops open when I take a closer look at what the Power Company has sent me.

A Past Due notice for $0.06 ! WTF!?

Had it not been for the late hour I would have called the Power Company and relayed the craziness of my life in hopes that it would bore the shit out of them so much they would be forced in to crediting the $0.06 just to get me off the phone.

It would go something like this:

Power Co: Customer Service, how can I help you ?

Me: Uhhh, yeah, I just got your past due notice for $0.06. Do you know that I am a wife, a mother to twins, a full time career diva and more ?

Power Co: Umm, no ma'am

Me: You better recognize!

Power Co: Excuse me ?

Me: Just know, I am a busy woman and while yes I must have, in a moment of chaos, short paid your bill BUT , c'mon, it cost you more to send me the bill then to collect $ 0.06. Did I tell you I am a mom, a wife, a career diva , a friend, a lover a ...
Me: Well ?

Power Co: (says good lord under breath) Ok we get that you are busy. Can you just send the additional $0.06 with your next payment and we'll waive the late fee.

Me: You'd better. Do you know who I am ?

Power Co: A busy woman

Me: Well , yes

Power Co: Anything else I can help you with ?

Me: Yes, please don't send me any shit like that again.

Power Co: Yes ma'am

Me: Thanks

No comments: