Friday, March 23, 2007

The Birthday Party Circuit

In preparation for the "terrible twos", I reached out to a group of nearby moms in my moms of multiples club.

I thought it would be great for us moms to be able to commiserate during what I had heard was only the most chaotic time in toddlerhood and would provide an opportunity for our twins to play together.

We all met at one of the mom's houses and hit it off from there. Our twins have been playing together since that time.

Its been great, except for one thing.

All the sets of twins have birthdays near one another.

(On top of that every girlfriend I had prior has a child with a birthday in this same time frame)

So it began, what I like to call The Birthday Party Circuit. Every weekend from late March - late May was occupied with children's birthday parties.

How the hell did that happen?

This weekend kicks off Birthday Party Circuit 2007 where we'll hit a party on Saturday and on Sunday.

Mind you I haven't purchased a single gift. I guess I better get on that.

It used to be that "pre-funking" was the drinkin' and carrying on before we hit the parties.

Now my Friday night pre-funk consists of hanging at Toys R US to purchase gifts for The Circuit.

Aah motherhood !

No comments: