Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I'm Baa-ack

Aah, what a glorious time it was. I have to say taking Thursday, Friday and Monday off was simply brilliant on my part. (Yay , me) It made for a number of days of rest and relaxation. Just what the psychiatrist doctor ordered.

My sis and I had a fabulous time and managed not to get arrested at all.

The Seattle Race for the Cure (complete with the twins in a two seater wagon) was a huge success. Unfortunately, my mom wasn't feeling well and wasn't able to make it but we celebrated her strength and courage and proudly walked for her (well my superstar sis did the 5K run and the walk...) The sheer number of participants affected and touched by the disease that came out to support the cause was amazing.
Being in the infancy stages of battling the disease along with my mom it was such a joy being able to talk with and spend time with 17 year and 38 years survivors. It renewed my faith that my mom will come out the winner in this battle.

The kids... well they were kids and there were several times B helped to reinforce my sister's decision not to have kids. But we shall not relive the madness.

I must say though that Kendall Jackson Chardonnay and dinner at PF Changs does a lot for the soul.

Now, I'm excited to catch up on all your fabulous posts. Sorry not to have one of my own, but I only came in to 100 emails , three immediate meeting requests , several end of week deadline driven projects a must attend graduation party this evening for one of my best pals sons and to top it off I'm heading to Las Vegas this Sunday and will be gone 3 days of the following week (which while fun presents challenges of its own).

I know woe is me.

I shall come around (post & comment) when I can but for now I think my little Worker Mommy head might pop off and explode in to little tiny Worker Mommy bits all over my monitor from the sheer stress of it all.

And we just can't have that now can we ?

Hugs & Kisses

14 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

Oh, how I hate the brain explosion.

Sounds like a pretty good weekend, sweets.

~Jennifer said...

Welcome back. :-)

Lollie said...

I think al your good energy out there helped my mom to get a dual thimbs up on hr first follow-up mammogram (no ultrasound necessary Ma'am, thank you very much)!

Yay to the Kendall Jackson Chard - it was my first serious foray into white and I loved it. If you are a white fan though and have a little extra spendin' cash, you must try Ferrari Carano's Special Reserve Chardonnay. If you jones for the Kendall, you'll about die with the Carano. There is something deliciously smoked marzipany-oaky-smokey about it. Divine.
Have fun in Vegas, bet a ten spot on the roulette wheel (pick 13...I have a feeling).

Butrfly Garden said...

Nah, that would just be gross. And who would clean it up?

Glad you 'checked in' with us. Glad you had fun with WT.
Glad you get to go to Vegas.

I'm very glad today.

T with Honey said...

It always amazes me at the sheer volume of email that piles up when you take vacation days. And how usually you need a vacation to recover from vacation.

Lollie said...

Jesus, I just reread my comment...what was I, drunk? On Kendall Jackson Chardonnay I suppose. I really should proof before pushing the button. Thimbs up!!

Stacey said...

Lollie,

All is forgiven... if that Chardonnay is as good as you say it is.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back ... I was going to suggest we meet up in Vegas next week but alas, the nausea is still over powering so I had to cancel my trip. I'm really bummed to miss out on Lance Armstrong - if he's fabulous, please post about it, okay?

Maybe next year ... If memory serves me correctly, it's in New Orleans next year!!

Sugar Kane said...

Glad you enjoyed your visit.

Viva Las Vegas!!

Anonymous said...

Oh please don't blow up. We could not put the pieces back together and you would look funny

Queen of the Mayhem said...

I often feel like my brain is about to explode! I just thought that was from the fun of being a mom! :)

Glad to hear you had a good weekend!

There is very little good Chinese food can not cure!

Cherann said...

Welcome back. I've been gone too. although, I may have been gone a little bit longer...

Anonymous said...

Oh it sounds like a wonderful time! I LOVE PF Changs!

Ally said...

I've been out of town (on "vacation"-- notice the big quotes--with the kids) and you've been busy while I was away! Glad you had a good time at the Race.