Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dear 2011, I want to be your BFF

Happy New Year y'all! What? I'm only 6 days late. For someone who has trouble being on time to anything you should applaud not criticize.

2010 ended decently I suppose, if you don't count attending a gerbil funeral on Chrismas Eve or the muscle strain that was so intense it sent me to urgent care. But I'm still alive and swangin'. So there's that.

I've already had a talk with 2011 and asked her to take it easy. I've told her I expect nothing but good health and good fortune. I also told her to toss me a couple of winning lottery numbers but the jury is still out on that one.

I'm kinda excited about the new year. It will hopefully, ideally (pretty please) be as good as I make it. Yeah that was a little Rah! Rah! Rah! but I'm choosing to take the stance that I can control a good degree of what happens to me.

We shall see...

My plans ? The 3 Fs. Family,Friends, Fun. I thought about adding a fourth F in there but as much as I wanted "Forget work. It's utter bullshit" to be part of my mantra I can't really (Unless *ahem*2011 you give me those lottery numbers like I asked, ohhkahyy? Also, that doesn't quite flow, now does it?)

This year promises to be busy, beginning with a visit from my lovely twin sister next week then leading in to school events, kids stuff, the husbands 40th (which, fuck I have to top last year's gift) blogger events, trips,more visits from family,parties, slimming down, fame! fortune! and glory!

Ok maybe some of that won't really happen.

But it sure as hell would rock hard if it did.

Cheers y'all.

2 comments:

Elisa @ Crazy, Amazing Life said...

Happy New Year! I'm running a bit late too. Sounds like you had a great talk with 2011, maybe I should do the same - this year needs to be GOOD!

Sorry about the gerbil and muscle stuff, hope all is well. I started the year sick and I'm now sporting one of those annoying coughs that don't let you sleep. 2011 - pay attention!!

Anonymous said...

Nice. As always, happy belated 2011 2u as well.